Friday, January 27, 2012
Kiwi's are tough.
Not that we are soft, just softer. Like a pear to an apple.
- Setting up base at top of 13k suspenion blowing dirt rd w snow in summer
- 300k ride
- Squeezing in another run at 20:30
- Iguana Wrestling
- Challenge Wanaka
- Having 16 year olds toe up with Vidal, Gemmell, Sissons..
- Those same 16 year olds not getting lapped out on a 8 x 2.5k bike loop.
- Win Road Nationals, then 160k ride , then heart surgery, 2days later back at it
- Boxing out
- Inventing Zorbing
- Disregarding any earthquake below 5.0
- HP Director in the Kayak with 4ft surf
- HP Director w a sub 9 Kona clocking
- Snorkel being standard for all 4X4
- Crown Range in a 12-23 after 3.5hrs
- Back flip off Albert Town Bridge
- Raising $10,000 for sprint race, putting it all on line for first, and donating it all to charity if you win.
Take away message: Sunny day over the Vic Waterfront today but rode towards the black clouds over Metchosin.
"Nothing came easy growing up on the dairy farm." - K.Gemmell