Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mincemeat and Egg Nog

The best selfish aspect of christmas I find is not the gifts, but the food associated with tis the season. December brings all sorts of seasonal foods out to eat and two of my favourites are egg nog and mincemeat. I think this is because both have quite a heavy hand of cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

I've taken the endulgence of these two favourites to a new level this year with two improvisations to my regular gourmet diet. Try substituting egg nog for milk in your morning riser oatmeal, delicious. If your more of a pancake person than toss some mincemeat into the recipe. I tried these yesterday and I ate the whole 4 person serving with syrup. Mincemeat can get tossed into muffins or cookies as well and is the bomb warmed up and then put on top of vanilla ice cream....speaking of which it is about desert time.

I bid you adieu.

No comments: