Wednesday, January 31, 2007

In the thick of it

Training volume right now is getting pretty high now, im not going lie. This morning we swam 6k with a main set of:

3X (400, 300, 200, 100) on 20' rest 1st Round Swim, 2nd Pull, 3rd Pull Paddles

This was a good set to get the meters going by quickly. ONce you had finished the 300 it was downhill to the next round.

Steve and I then went for a 50' base run around Beaver Lake. Had to duck into the bushes a couple times, nature calling, I seem to be bad with that.

This afternoon I'm doing my first Heat Time trial at Uvic. Its a 40k ride on a stationary bike, while they do a bunch of testing on me. LIke a lab guniea pig on its wheel mill. Then we get into the weekend which is more volume.

Knee started bothering me after the weekend race but with ice it seems to be under control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate being a subject in those extreme temperature studies... just the mere thought of them taking the temp with a rectal probe is sickening, isn't it?